Monday, December 7, 2009

"Ahhhhhhh!"


That's the sound that could be heard coming from my room after I decided to try putting actual newsprint through my printer for authenticity's sake. It started ok, then promptly made a nasty crunching noise and died. I couldn't just pull the jammed out of the printer because newsprint is fairly delicate and it kept tearing off in wee bits instead of coming out in a sheet as normal paper is wont to do when one tugs on it. So I tore my room apart to find my toolbox that had the fancy screwdriver with the right head for the really weird screws that my printer is held together with and set to work taking the blasted thing apart. I did manage, and it even still worked when I put it back together again (a minor miracle really). The moral of the story is don't put newsprint through your cheap ink jet printer.

In the end I selected (some nicely aged) sheets of off-white/yellowish construction paper instead as my closest match. It's looks pretty good.

--The Wombat

No comments:

Post a Comment